Dreaming of a road indicates the momentum and direction that your life is taking right now.
Dreaming of a road or having the road that you are on clear in a dream is a direct sign about what is going on in your life right now.
The road, rather, the kind of road as well as the direction you are going in your dream has a direct correlation to your waking world and many different issues that we face in life. To break down on a road means that people are going to ask your advice. To go on a road vacation means that you are trying to escape from something in life. Walking a long distance means that you are heading in a positive direction. To see a dead end means that people will ask you to complete a task soon.
In this dream you may have...
- Driven on a road.
- Broke down on the side of a road.
- Hit a dead end.
- Had to choose a direction.
- Been on a road trip.
- Wished you could hit the road.
- Gone on vacation.
- Walked a long distance.
Positive changes are afoot if…
- You find a positive direction.
- You feel comfortable driving or walking – that you know what you are doing on the road.
- You are safe on the road.
- You remain and are patient during road work or construction.
- You back out of an alley and get on a better road.
- You drive a long windy mountain road with ease.
- Driving in the carpool lane.
Detailed dream meaning...
Here are many of the common road types you will see and their meanings:
- Alley: lack of momentum – indicates a stagnation in your life. Especially if the alley is narrow or run down, this indicates that you are feeling unmotivated in your own life.
- Bend in road: a sudden change is coming your way – be prepared. To see a bend ahead of you, or to park near a bend is an omen of great things to come.
- Black road: this is an indication of tough time ahead – beware of potential pitfalls in finance as well. There is likely to be something on the road that you will hit when least expected. Black ice, skidding, or a pot hole is an especially bad omen.
- Carpool Lane: an omen about marriage, coming together, and working with others. This is a positive omen for socialization and love.
- Crossroad: a sign that change is coming, and that you are going to have to make a choice which usually requires a sacrifice of something in your life for the greater good.
- Cul-de-sac/dead end: you have come to the end of the road and it is time that you make a decision in your life – usually about a relationship or emotional endeavor.
- Detour: expect the unexpected – do not be too strict on your definitions of what you think you need in your life right now.
- Dirt road: following your instinct or your gut or repeating old patterns – can indicate the rekindling of an old relationship or someone from your past coming back into your life.
- Fork in the road: Another sign that you need to make a decision and the choices you have will dictate your direction in life. The decision you face is a difficult one but understand that either path has its rewards.
- Black ice: to slip on black ice is a warning that you need to keep on top of all your work at the moment.
- Trapped on a road: to be trapped in a traffic jam means that good things will happen but it will take time.
- Going the wrong way up a one way street: You are determined and can overcome obstacles – do not allow others to dictate your path.
- Mountain Road: A windy, scary road in the mountains indicates a road less traveled. This is a sign to simplify your life. Try to get back to the basics in your life. Even connect with nature and the countryside.
- Road under construction: your life is under construction right now and this is a reminder to be gentle with yourself. Now is the time to allow for mistakes and understand that change is happening in your life and that it takes time.
- Running into road: playing chicken in a road or running into a road is a sign of defying the odds. Now is the time to create your own life and go after what you want.
- Accident on the road: to witness a car accident on a road means that you need more direction in life.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life...
- Changing directions of your life.
- Meeting someone new or falling in love.
- Simplifying your life.
- Defying odds.
- Creating opportunities for wealth.
- Feeling lonely or depressed.
- Living your life as you want to live it.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of a road…
Free. Bored. Excited. Lost. Confused